Freelance Architectural Designer – | Works
Aaron Lim Conception
From a distanceSite:
Sun 22 Aug ’21Posted on:
Aaron Lim Design is looking for a Freelance Architectural Designer (Form 1099) to assist him on a part-time / hourly basis. The position requires a flexible time commitment of up to 20 hours per week depending on your availability.
This is a remote post, but must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aaron Lim Design is a small and growing architectural firm focused on renovations, additions and construction of single family homes as well as the occasional light trade. All projects are based in the Bay Area. Our goal is to provide value to our customers without sacrificing design integrity. We strive to deliver a transformative design, regardless of the budget.
The work will include all phases of design, permitting and construction, including, but not limited to the following:
- Perform existing “as-built” measurements and drawings
- Initial site scan and code research
- Design sketches and 3D renderings for client presentations
- Coordination of consultants (i.e. structural engineer, energy consultant, etc.)
- Building permit / Pricing / Details and drawing of construction sets
- Acceleration of permits (submission of plans in person and coordination with various agencies)
- Site visits and construction administration
- Interior design: finishes, lighting and selection of cabinets
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in an architectural firm in the United States
- Knowledge of the California Building Code and the California Residential Code.
- Experience with local building department permit processes, particularly in San Francisco
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe CS (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) Bonus: any other rendering program.
- Ability to produce construction drawings and details
- Job is remote, but must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area
- License and ability to drive
- Must have own computer and software
The hourly rate is related to experience. Submit a resume and short portfolio (10 pages max.) To [email protected] Please title your email “Independent Architectural Designer”.
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …