Interior Designer 2 – New York, NY, US | Works
An interior designer 2 is familiar with the interior design process and what needs to be achieved in all phases of a project. They master the skills required of a D1 and are able to work and adapt to different types of projects. A D2 assists a D3 / D4 / D5 with medium to large scale projects and understands what is included in the schematic design phase and in a set of design and construction development documents. They have the ability to create and develop a design concept with moderate supervision.
A D2 develops the skills to lead a small project and produce a set of drawings with supervision. This role is presented to the construction administration and various responsibilities during the phase.
- Work on one or more projects with moderate supervision by D3 / 4/5
- Assist in the preparation of client design presentations (selection of conceptual images, generation of 3D views, rendered elevations, material selections and FF&E). Able to create a client presentation template based on the meeting agenda.
- Understand the scope of the project and the required deliverables
- Create and develop design concepts
- Assist in the production of design and construction development documents with moderate supervision
- Able to develop only schedules for interior finishes, appliances, plumbing fixtures and door hardware
- Know building codes and ADA requirements and know where they are required
- Support Interiors D3 / 4/5 in consultant coordination and construction administration
- Assistance in the preparation of specifications.
- Develop selections of FF&E packages and materials.
- Correspond with suppliers regarding finishes, FF&E specifications and prices.
- Systematically redline and revise work for accuracy
- Attend meetings with clients and coordinate as needed and prepare meeting minutes.
- Develop presentation skills and learn how to generate an agenda for coordination and meetings with clients
- Develop the ability to lead small projects and perform the tasks below with moderate supervision:
Create and maintain the Interiors work plan
Generate drawing list for design development and construction documents
Complete the Interiors portion of the Design and Construction Development Document Set
- Work both independently and as a team in an efficient and organized manner
- Systematically respect the deadlines set in the project work plan
- Begin to develop management skills and knowledge about what is needed to effectively lead a team
- Follow MA standards and procedures
- Self-assess your skills, efficiency and areas for improvement
Professional degree in architecture, interior architecture or interior design
Other accreditations encouraged (NCIDQ, AIA, LEED)
6+ years of experience in residential, office and / or hospitality projects
The portfolio demonstrates strong design solutions
Clear verbal and written communication skills
Motivated, organized and strong problem-solving skills
Able to collaborate and work effectively as a team
Ability to work on multiple projects efficiently
Proficient in 3D modeling using software such as Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD and SketchUp
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
Apply here: https://www.click2apply.net/b7bWQRUGOXA7fjERFNAxV