Junior Graphic Designer – Pedestrian Television
We are looking for a junior graphic designer passionate about digital design and the brands of the Pedestrian Group. Working with PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE, Refinery29, Business Insider, Lifehacker, Gizmodo and Kotaku, this position will conceptualize and develop visual communication for all brands and has at least 2 years of industry experience in the production of digital design for customers.
This role reports to our Senior Graphic Designer and is part of our Studio team led by our Creative Director.
Who we need:
- An autonomous and creative problem solver
- An agile operator with the ability to confidently communicate with our company’s Studio and broader sales teams
- Business know-how to quickly create dynamic presentation and presentation elements
- A strong digital portfolio and understanding of digital assets and products, including display ad units
- A willingness to accept and develop through constructive feedback
- A confident communicator with the objective of developing both his career path and the presence of our brands in Australia
What we want to see:
- Your online portfolio
- Logo lock and original brand experience
- Proven presentation and proposal design skills
- Commercial experience: creation of display ad units
- Confidence in the design process of brief> concept> final delivery
- Skills in illustration or photography a major asset
- Adobe Creative Cloud software, Google Slides, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Celtra or Playground XYZ
- Excellent time management and ability to manage your own schedule and deadlines
- Ability to follow artistic direction and feedback from clients and internal management
We embrace all aspects of diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace that reflects the incredibly diverse clients, audiences and communities we serve.
Note: Unlimited Australian employment rights are required for this position. Only Australian citizens / PR holders can apply.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency CVs and are not responsible for any unsolicited CV charges.
* About the pedestrian group *
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-focused publisher, reaching a unique audience of over 4.16 million Australians per month and over 18-39 years of age than any other publisher. It is home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, Kotaku Australia and the upcoming Refinery29 Australia launch, as well as American Express Open Air cinemas. It is 100% owned by Nine, Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.