Senior Project Manager – Los Angeles, CA, USA | Works
Los Angeles, California, United StatesLocation:
Thu 26 May ’22Posted on:
Walker Workshop is an award-winning Los Angeles-based architecture firm founded in 2010, with the goal of creating modern structures that are warmly minimal with careful attention to light, space and the unique qualities of the location of each project. Our approach is also deeply rooted in craftsmanship and construction, with a rich awareness of the practical responsibility of building construction. As a licensed general contractor, we also frequently build the homes we design. This philosophy of creative ownership for all phases of work, from initial concept through project completion, permeates our culture.
We are currently looking for a senior project manager to join our team. This position requires notable past successes in creating high quality single family residential architecture through all phases of design. Candidates will be required to verbally and visually demonstrate their previous experience in managing previous work. Applicants should be strong team leaders with exceptional project management and communication skills. We are a Revit-based office – working experience on multiple projects is a requirement.
- Accredited professional degree in architecture.
- +10 years of post-academic professional experience in office.
- Passion for architecture and high-end residential construction.
- Experience in custom residential design, particularly in the Los Angeles area – ability to demonstrate experience on multiple completed projects.
- Good knowledge of residential building code and Los Angeles area zoning code regulations.
- Varied experience in compiling, drafting and coordinating building permits and documents. The candidate will have to demonstrate his mastery of the process of preparing permits and construction drawings.
- The candidate must be able to manage/lead their internal project team, external consultants and contribute substantially to the modeling and drafting of drawing sets
- A highly effective self-starter who can identify and resolve simple and complex issues while coordinating with the project team.
- High level analytical and organizational skills.
- A desire to constantly learn, improve and contribute to the evolution of this growing office.
- Strong writing, verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to adapt between concept design and construction document preparation.
- DEEP EXPERIENCE WITH REVIT in a professional office environment
- Currently resident of Los Angeles.
- Possibility to start in the next 3-4 weeks.
- Architect licensed in the State of California.
- 5+ years of experience in construction administration, specific to residential construction.
- Extensive experience with the following software: Revit, Enscape, Bluebeam, Microsoft Word & Excel and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.)
- Be prepared to submit your full portfolio upon request.
- No phone calls please.
Please provide a single PDF document, no larger than 8MB. Submission should include: cover letter, resume with a minimum of (3) references, and selected work with a minimum of (6) professional projects.
Back to task list…